Genital Skin Conditions Treatment Clinic London
The excellent team here at The Dermatology Clinic are all experienced in treating genital skin conditions affecting both women and men. Skin problems in the genital area are very common but can be extremely distressing for those affected. Dr Glass and the team treat all their patients with the utmost respect and there’s no need to feel worried about your appointment as they sees conditions like yours every day. You really are in the best possible hands in this Harley Street clinic.
About genital skin conditions
Genital skin conditions can manifest themselves in many ways, such as inflammation, soreness, redness and ulceration. Often, conditions of this nature are misdiagnosed as thrush, which is why it’s important to visit a qualified dermatologist for an accurate diagnosis. Conditions we regularly see at The Dermatology Clinic include:
- Warts and herpes
- Fungal infections
- Lichen planus and erosive lichen planus (this can cause ulcers and a burning sensation)
- Lichen sclerosus (an inflammatory condition that causes white patches on the skin)
- Hidradenitis (a disorder that causes scarring and abscesses on the skin)
- Zoon’s disease (an inflammatory disorder affecting men)
- Angiokeratomas (a lesion of capillaries that results in small marks that are red or blue in colour)
- Vulvodynia (persistent pain in the vulva)
- Behçet’s Disease (a rare condition that causes inflammation of the blood vessels and tissues)
Treating genital skin conditions
Many people feel embarrassed when they have a genital skin condition and for this reason decide against getting help. But if you don’t see a professional dermatologist, you’ll miss out on effective treatments and your symptoms could get worse. Our team of professionals understand that you might feel nervous, but we are here to help you and ensure your condition improves as quickly as possible.
In most cases, one of our expert consultants will prescribe topical treatments for genital skin conditions. These include:
- soap substitutes – this is because soap can dry out the skin and cause it to feel irritated
- Paraffin-based moisturisers – these help to soothe the skin and prevent further irritation
- A combination of anti-inflammatory creams – these vary in strength depending on your condition and we may also prescribe antifungal medication or topical antibiotics alongside these creams to control inflammation or infection
Arrange a consultation
If you are concerned about a genital skin condition please call to book an appointment to see one of our male or female consultant dermatologists on 0118 3282 0011.